Monday, January 5, 2009

Hey Dixie

Dixie Girl

I have never had my own post before, so this is my first! This collage was from Saturday. It was a beautiful day filled with sunshine!

I thought I would give a little background on me so here goes.
I was abandoned by my previous owner who was a hunter back in 2001. Supposedly he paid lots of money for me, but I was one dog who just wouldn't hunt! He moved to a new home and left me behind in a 10x10 kennel with a 5 gallon bucket of algea water and no plans of ever coming back for me. He even said if someone didn't come and get me he would put a bullet in my head -- nice guy, huh! What a sweetheart! The lady's brother told her what the mean hunter had done and said. The lady and man had recently lost their rescued chocolate lab Rocky, but didn't have plans on getting another dog. After hearing my story, they couldn't resist, they came and rescued me! I'd never been so happy in all my life! I love living at the house on the creek and having lots of brofurs and sisfurs.
Of course, I do things sometimes that gets me in trouble, like when I get into the trash (especially on spaghetti night) or eat an entire bag of dog food and have to go to the vet for x-rays and "bloat watch," or that time I ate two bags of ghirardeli chocolates (wrappers too), or the time I was poisoned by a tainted pig ear --but that wasn't my fault! See, I used to bury my pig ears and at the old house we used to get the yard sprayed for bugs and the sprayer guy sprayed my pig ear hole and it almost killed me! I had to get lots of fluids and charcoal! Now the house has been outfitted like an obstacle course to keep me off of things and out of places I shouldn't be :)
Ok, so I am no angel, but really.....who is!

16 comments:

Cory said...

Dixie, you definitely traded up...and we LOVE the pink AC-DC collar! My guardian angel dog Colby had a pink collar that said b***h! Ha! That's because everyone thought she was a boy...not after that collar! We are sad to know there are mean awful people in the world that would treat a good girl so badly...but that's all behind you now...and you found awesome people and awesome kitties to love you forever.

Cat with a Garden said...

Dixie, the collage is awesome. Your greyish muzzle looks especially dashing against the bright blue sky. We can't believe the meanness of some people out there. So glad you found a very good home! And get along with all your brofurs and sisfurs! Thank you for telling us about you - it was high time. ; )
Purrs, Siena & Chilli
Btw, *blushing* of course the size difference between my dear birthday mate and me is because of my floof! Mom was muttering the same the other day when she saw the video off MM playing... It's floof and I'll stick to that explanation! Siena

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Nice to meet you Dixie! Your collage is beautiful! What a horrible thing for your first owner to do to you! We had leaky eyes reading about it but they turned into leaky eyes of joy about the happy ending.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Dixie, we are so glad you have a great home now!!!!!! We are no angels either!

Whimpurr said...

It's so nice to meet you, sweet girl! We love woofies ... got six of them here at our house too! *puppy kisses*

Anonymous said...

Dixie what a happy ending to yer start of a poopy life with dat mean hunter jerk!

AM said...

Your sad story has us all teary eyed. First sad tears, then happy tears for your happy forever home. You are an exceptionally beautiful girl!

Parker said...

Aw Dixie, I am so glad that you found this wonderful family and you have a great home!

Anonymous said...

Dixie, I'm so happy for you that you finally met your loving family!! You have a sweetest heart, that's why you didn't want to hunt. That is nothing wrong with it! I wish you lots of love, joy and happiness with your family!!!
Noa & Ash
http://cats.8unicorn.com/

jenianddean said...

Dixie, that collage is wonderful -- beautiful pictures of you! I think you are very lucky to have been rescued, and they are lucky to have you, even if you get into some naughtiness.
--Jasper

Sunny's Mommy said...

I'm so glad you're with the Lady and Man now and have a wonderful forever home. Your previous owner was an awful person.

PS: Nice collar!

Mickey's Musings said...

Dixie,I am sooooooooo happy you are in a great ,loving home now :)
I hope the other guy is infested with fleas the rest of his life ;)
Meanwhile,you get to have a fun life,WOOT!!!!
Purrs Mickey

Cory said...

Thanks for the info on the Halo's Dream Coat, we will see if that might help Ginger and Jonesie!

Sweet Purrfections said...

Hi Dixie. So nice to meet you. I am glad that you found your new forever home and are happy!

Motor Home Cats said...

Dixie, we want to scratch and bite the meanie who had you first. Your beans are wonderful to rescue you and we are so glad you have them. Don't worry about getting in trouble every once in a while - we do too.

Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

Anonymous said...

Your mom makes the best collages...I'm so happy you found your forever home, your an awesome dog.

About Us

My photo
A diary of rescued cats, foster cats and humanely reducing the free-roaming cat population through tnr.