Friday, March 27, 2009

Wish You Were Here

I was lucky enough to capture some very good footage and pictures of Cal last month. He was very happy, grazing in the grass and rolling around on the gravel, tail just a flickin' - that's how we're going to remember him. We were just a couple of kids when he came into our lives ten years ago. He was our first cat as a couple. Like they say, one cat leads to another, and now, in our full house of 6 cats and a dog......... it sure does feel empty.

Thank you, all of you, for your very kind words, hugs, purrs, purrayers, thoughts, etc. They mean more than you could ever know.

65 comments:

Parker said...

We think that was a lovely tribute. We smiled and cried at the same time. What a wonderful life you gave Cal - he sure was loved!
Hugs and gentle smoochies...

Anonymous said...

That's a great little video tribute to your Cal. We hope those wonderful memories will help your family as you heal.

The Island Cats said...

Mom's eyes were leaking when she watched this...you are lucky to have captured these great memories of Cal....

We're gonna miss him too....

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

That was a beautiful tribute. You have wonderful memories to cherish of this fine feline fellow.

Purrs

Cat with a Garden said...

Mom is all leaky eyed - what a wonderful video! Goodbye, sweetest Cal! We wish that you feel all young again and that there's the greenest grass for you graze in where you are now.
Purrs, Siena & Chilli

Anonymous said...

What lovely memories of dear litle Cal. Rest in peace at the Bridge dear sweet boy.

Purrs to you all.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We just read about Cal over at Sumac Stories and wanted to add our condolences. We know how hard it is to lose a beloved one, and are with you in spirit. Cal will have some great company at the Bridge. We loved the video footage.

To, Tama-Chan and #1

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Oh my the mom's eyes are leaky again. She said that Cal and TT will get to play together at the bridge and dat all their hurts are gone. We shall miss Cal but we know with happy memories that he lives on!

Molly
Shadow
Troo
I is Jake!
Laure (Mommy Bean)

Mishkat said...

What a wonderful tribute - it made me cry! I understand about the empty house feeling - we lost two of our senior kitties within months of each other a few years ago. I know they, and Cal, are all in a good place now, but it's difficult for those of us who are left behind.

Sending you purrs, (((hugs))), and sympathy.

Cory said...

Mom is losing it...that was a very special tribute to a very special cat. Purrs are still coming your way.

Honey P. Sunshine said...

dat was wonderful

Zeus said...

I know everyone else has said it, but that truly was a great tribute. It made me wonder if we could start doing the same thing for our human pet so it will not hurt as much when we must make that journey. Hugs and purrs to you and your family...

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

I can only say the same, a lovely tribute and a magical memory. I am sure you will keep Cal close to your heart.

Hugs GJ xxx

Quill and Greyson said...

Oh Creek Cats that was a lovely and moving tribute to Cal. You can see how happy and loved he was. I hope your home fills full again soon. Love and Purrs to all of you!

AM said...

We are so sorry to read about beautiful Cal. That was a sweet video and you are lucky to have it. Of course it doesn't take much to cause me a river of tears these days. But hopefully Sandie was there to greet Cal at the bridge.

Miss Lizzy said...

My heart goes out to you and your family. I recently lost my first cat of 20 years; he was very old and it was time for him to go, but it leaves a hole in your heart and in your family. Please accept my deepest sympathy. Happy memories help.

The Florida Furkids said...

That was a beautiful tribute to a special friend. Mom's eyes are all leaky, but she smiled at the pictures of Cal sneaking food out of the bag and rolling in the grass. Those are super memories that will always be in your heart.

(((Hugs)))

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

What a beautiful tribute to Cal! Mom was crying so hard while she was watching it that she says she'll have to watch it again later with, hopefully, dry eyes.

Cal, what a handsome black beauty of a Mancat you were. You will always hold a special place in your Mom and Daddy's heart, and all of us.

(((HUGS))) and purrs,
Laila, Minchie and Mom Peggy

Shaggy and Scout said...

I'll say it too. Beautiful tribute to Cal!
Maybe I'll come back & watch it again if my eyes will stop crying.

Anya said...

Nice tribute, I have tears in my eyes:(
Its great those memories....
Hugs en purrss

Daisy said...

I knew that was going to make my eyes leak. What a loving tribute to Cal. It's clear he had a life filled with love. Soft purrs to you.

Mr. Hendrix said...

What a beautiful video tribute to a wonderful boy. It made us smile through tears. He was so happy chewing on grass and "hiding" behind the curtain.

Mommy, Daddy and I are going to spend extra time together tonight in honor of Cal. purrrrrrrrrs We are sending you many virtual hugs and purrs of comfort.

Mr. Hendrix said...

What a beautiful video tribute to a wonderful boy. It made us smile through tears. He was so happy chewing on grass and "hiding" behind the curtain.

Mommy, Daddy and I are going to spend extra time together tonight in honor of Cal. purrrrrrrrrs We are sending you many virtual hugs and purrs of comfort.

Anonymous said...

That is a very moving tribute. Our Mama has tears rolling down her cheeks.

Cat Street Boyz said...

What a wonderful tribute for Cal. Mom again is in tears......bye Cal....you were and are loved. Mom sent a purr message for her past furkids to greet Cal at the bridge. We will miss hearing about his antics and seeing that handsome face...bye furend...Toy, Tinker, Tang, Teak, Ty, Setzer, Cherokee and our Mom

Anonymous said...

That was a very sweet tribute to Cal. I wish I could have known him. My heart goes out to you. I'm bawling my eyes out just from the video. He looks so much like my cat Roadrunner. I have eight, and I know what you mean no mstter how many you have losing one makes the house feel empty. Thank you for reminding me to take more videos! And thanks for visiting my blog too!

Shelly

Anonymous said...

That was a wonderfur tribute!! I knows that my momma lost her first cat ever that came into her and daddy's life over 10 years ago just last year. So she knows how hard it can be. It's great that you remember him this way. Purrs to all you, you are wonderfur furramily! I am so glads I met all of you.

Charlemagne and Tamar said...

What a beautiful boy and a lovely tribute to him!

There will always be a Cal sized hole in your heart.

Sending purrs of comfort,

Charlemagne and Tamar

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Such sweet memories. Thank you for sharing. We wish we had videos and more pictures of our Wizard!

Tuck said...

That was beautiful. The top of my head is now all wet because my mom's tears dropped onto it while I was sitting on her lap watching. I'm glad that you got to have some good times with Cal at the end. I know he is watching over you all, but you must miss him terribly. Sending purrs to you all.

Tom Cat said...

I'm glad Cal had such a great time and a loving family while he was here on earth.

Sunny's Mommy said...

I'm so sorry it was Cal's time to go to the bridge. I know you did everything possible to help him get better.

The video is a wonderful tribute to Cal. I loved seeing Cal enjoying himself outside, and all of the other pictures.

Gentle hugs to all of you.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That was a lovely tribute to Cal. We can see how loved he was.

Jasmim said...

Images are very beautiful, and will be saved for you and we always remember to Cal. We miss you!

Jas & Gi

8GR8LOLCATS said...

Sleep soft Cal...

...I shall see beauty
But none to match your living grace.
I shall hear music
But none as sweet as the droning song
With which you loved me.
I shall fill my days
But I shall not, cannot forget.
Sleep soft, dear friend...

(--Author Unknown--)

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

It is so sad when our furriends leave. You have our sincerest condolences on your loss. Farewell Cal ... 'Til we meet again.

DMM

Noir the Texas Tabby said...

What a WONDERFUL tribute! You were so lucky to have Cal in your lives. Tommy says she got choked up....me too.

Noir

wildcatwoods said...

May all those happy memories you have of Cal keep him close to your heart always. A touching tribute to him.

Sending gentle healing hugs,
from all of us at Wildcat Woods

Anonymous said...

That is priceless footage of your beloved black cat. Our Kelly went to the Bridge in December, and we treasure the videos of him, and yes, we watch them again and again, too. Cal and Kelly will be remembered, and they will be missed.

Jans Funny Farm said...

What a neat video of memories. Cal evidently had a good life with you and was greatly loved. We know you miss him now.

Sweet Purrfections said...

What a lovely tribute to Cal. I know your heart is very sad right now and I am sending my purrs and purrayers to you and the rest of the Creek Cat family.

Karen Jo said...

That is a wonderful tribute video of Cal. I am glad that you have the videos and pictures of him being happy to comfort you.

Cheyenne -Millie said...

That is really a very beautiful tribute to Cal. We hope that you are comforted.

Kaz's Cats said...

We're so very sorry that Cal had to leave you guys and go on to the Bridge. That was such a beautiful tribute to him - we loved seeing him rolling around and snacking on his grass. We're sending our purrs to comfort all of Cal's family, human and animal,

{{{hugs}}}

Gypsy & Tasha

Cliff and Olivia said...

What a perfect way to remember Cal. We wish you all the best in the world.

Country Cats said...

That is a beautiful tribute...our eyes are leaking but we are happy that he had such a good life with you all. We are sure he really did have the "time of his life."

Purrs,
Rosie, Kaleb, and Teal'c

Anonymous said...

We really enjoyed the video of Cal. We did not realize that Cal was so clever! We loved seeing him sticking his head in the bag and helping himself to the foods!

We know he did have the time of his life!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

That was a wonderful tribute and great memories. I love to go behind curtains too. We are thinking of you at this sad time and know how you are feeling.
Purrs,
JB

Jodi said...

Sending many purrs and hugs your way. God bless you all.

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Beautiful..
More Purrrs to you..

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Such heartfelt memories you have of that first boycat of yours together. Your tribute to Cal was so special and may it comfort you to know the love he gave to you was reflected in your tender care of him. You were fortunate to have each other, and he will be missed but always in your heart.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

I sit her with Abby settled warmly on my lap and my heart just aches for the loss you feel for Cal.These were some wonderful memories and we were so touched by all the love that surrounded them.

kitty kisses
Debra and Abby

Anonymous said...

I'm going to miss my cal "Bal"!

Poppy Q said...

That was a beautiful tribute to your special fella - you made my mums eyes leak!!

What a lucky boy, having so much love in his life.

Poppy and mum Q

Elin said...

I surely do understand how's your feeling...more puuurrrrs from me..

Cal is a very great kitty.. I'm gonna miss him too, because he is among my first furriend when I'm start to blog..

xxxx

MaoMao said...

What a beeyootiful tribute to preshus Cal. All of our hearts go out to you. He was so very much loved and will be very missed.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao and alla the Ballicai.

The Cat Realm said...

Now our maid is all leaking again.... What a cute and handsome boy he was.... We understand about the emptiness in a house full of cats - everyone is unique, so everyone leaves their own big hole.....

The Monkeys said...

We are all so sad about Cal and we are sending you lots of love.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Meowm just returned from Vegas, and we are all so very sorry to hear of Cal's passing. We are thankful that he is now healed and able to roam and truly enjoy life, but we are sad that he had to leave. Sending all of you hugs, gentle headbutts and purrs.

Junior, Orion and Meowm

Ty said...

That video was so sweet! Cal couldn't have asked for better people to love and care for him than you and Jr. So sorry for your loss. Love you!

jenianddean said...

I am so sorry to hear about Cal. I was side-tracked the last few days and playing catch up today when I read your sad news. Our hearts go out to you. We will be purring for you...
--Jasper, Josie, HB, Maggie and our Mom & Dad

Mickey's Musings said...

We are so happy that you have great memories of that wonderful,handsome Cal!!!!
We are very sorry for your loss too.
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

Anonymous said...

WE told momma she was not to get all leaky so we did not listen to the music...
what a wonderful wonderful little tribute and memories of Cal.
He is a very handsome man and lived a very good life :))
Thank you for sharing these memories and we hope you do continue to do so.
After all we never leaves you :)))
Vic, Mushka and Momma :)

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh my!! That was a beautiful Video of Cal!! Thank you for sharing!! ((((((((BIG warm kitty hugs to you all!!)))
Your FL furiends,
and Maverick

Unknown said...

I'm Rosie and Blossom's Mom (a.k.a. piddleandpurr on Twitter) and I think you have created the sweetest tribute to Cal. The tribute was done so lovingly and I know that while Cal was with you, he experienced that same loving care in catson. You gave him a happy life and now you can smile be glad you did.

Best from Rosie, Blossom and Mom

About Us

My photo
A diary of rescued cats, foster cats and humanely reducing the free-roaming cat population through tnr.