Sunday, March 15, 2009

Vacation

***A message from the lady servant***
Hello everyone! We have a busy week ahead and will be taking a few days blogcation, but don't worry, we'll be back soon! On Monday, I will be "performing my civic duty" as a potential juror and Pop will be going in for an MRI of his head. He could possibly be admitted into the hospital again for what seems to be a horrible infection in his eye (he still has the one in his foot too). We are trying to figure out how he could have possibly caught another infection while on the strongest antibiotics known to man.

On Wednesday, Cal goes back in for his B12 and weight check. Having a baby scale at home and doing our own monitoring, I can tell you that he has definitely not gained. He just started the new antibiotic, Tylosin, so we are praying it will help.

I had an awesome video of Rambler playing and being crazy to post on Thursday for his 1st Gotcha Day. However, sometime last night I managed to delete it before it completed posting. GRRRR! I was distraught to say the least, I had put several hours in filming and editing. I put in a few more hours this morning downloading programs trying to recover it, with no luck. Back to square one. However, with Rambler being more of a cuddler than a player, I don't know that there will be another video :( but there will definitely be a post.

This weekend, the TNR organization I am with will be having a fundraising yard sale. As the fundraising coordinator, this week will be spent getting items together, pricing, advertising, etc. In the past, these yard sales have provided lots of spay/neuter funds. Praying for no rain and warm weather for Saturday!

I will try to post important updates throughout the week!

37 comments:

The Island Cats said...

Oh you do have a busy week ahead! We'll check back for updates...'specially Rambler's Gotcha Day! (Mom hates when she accidently deletes things, too!) And we'll be purring for Pop!

Cat with a Garden said...

We will watch out for your updates. That week is really going to be busy - good luck for everything! And special purrs go out to your poor Pop.
Siena & Chilli

Cory said...

Major purrs for Pop! We will be ready for Rambler's Gotcha Day party!

Daisy said...

I am wishing the very best for your Pop and for Cal this week. I'm sad that you lost that video and hope you can recover it somehow. See you soon!

Jasmim said...

Too bad that this week you have so many challenges to meet!
Me and my mom will always visiting your blog for new updates, and good luck!

Jasmim & Giselle

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Good luck pop with the tests and fingers and toes crossed all ok,

Mum and I will keep loking for updates. Bad luck with the video.

Hugs Ginger Jasper xx

Mishkat said...

Wishing Pop and Cal all the best with their tests - - I hope the results are positive! (and I hope Pop doesn't mind the MRI machine!)

Also, thanks for the TNR work that you do! I hope the yard sale is very lucrative.

Parker said...

We know how busy you will be, we'll be here when you get back!
Smoochies!

Noir the Texas Tabby said...

Purrs and prayers for Pop and Cal. Tommy says she wishes we lived closer--she'd come to the yard sale!

Anonymous said...

You sure have a busy family! We'll look forward to your return:)

Anonymous said...

Shame about the video. We'd have liked to see that.

The best wishes for the human and for Cal!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We are purring for Pop and Cal.

Sweet Purrfections said...

I hope everything goes well this week. I am purraying for Pop and Cal.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Pop & Cal we are thinking of you!

Quill and Greyson said...

We will be thinking of all of you and looking out for updates. Purrs to all and I hope Cal fattens up and Pop is okay.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We understand that real life interfears sometimes. We will be here waiting for you to recover from your vacation!

Nomi said...

That vacation sounds very busy ! My miewmie says has your Pop tried Manuka honey? It is very good for boosting the immunue system. My miewmie takes some every day !

The Monkeys said...

Purrs all around for the tests!

Have a good time off (even though it sounds like it's a lot of work)

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

What a busy week ahead of you! We will be purring for all you need us to purr for!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It does make us a little bit tired reading what the next few days holds!
We hope that everything is smooth sailing and will continue puuring for you guys! :))
V-V

Thoughts said...

Hugs and purrs to you all, we will be purr-raying for your Pop and we hope everyhting goes okay.

Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Love
Theodore and Sasha

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

WE will miss you guys! We will continue to purray for Cal.
--JB

Sunny's Mommy said...

I would say enjoy your vacation, but you'll be very busy. Continued purrs for Pop and Cal.

AM said...

You sure are busy, and we sure will miss you, so hurry back! And in the meantime, we will be thinking of you all and purring for you.

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

purrs n purrs fur pop!!! n purring fur da mom doin juror duti.

"He could possibly be admitted into the hospital again for what seems to be a horrible infection in his eye (he still has the one in his foot too). We are trying to figure out how he could have possibly caught another infection while on the strongest antibiotics known to man."

Bootsie say, hao ur pop gotted an eye in hiz foot.... wait. noh noh Bootsie. it say hims got an infecshun in hims foot.

oh... we purr fur dat den.

Mousie say fanks fur watchin da crow n da kitty movee. Dehr is 3 movee at You Tube bout dem. Furry happy mirakul dat waz bouts ten yehrz ago (1999). Still amayzin.

U beze carful n c u soon.

Katie Too

Anonymous said...

hi there Miz Allie still needs your addy??? I knows you have a busy week...good luck with it all

Piggy and Grover said...

Lots of love and prayers and purrs to you and yours for all the arduous stuff you have going on. So much to deal with at once, you poor lamb! We are so sorry your video got trashed :(

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Paws Day! I will checks back for updates. I hopes your busy week goes well. Healing purrs for Pop and Cal.

Rusty said...

Have a very nice blogvation. I hope Cal continues to improve. Hope that Pop doesn't have anything real serious going on too. (Tell him not to stick his toes in his eye, I do that sometimes and my Mom yells at me to stop...)

Elin said...

Purrrs for all of u!
going to miss u!

xxxx

Karen Jo said...

You are going to have a very busy blogvacation. I hope and pray for the best outcomes for Cal and Pop.

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

What a busy week you have going on! We'll be purring for all to go smoothly!!

Purrs Goldie, Shade and Banshee

jenianddean said...

Happy Gotcha Day Rambler!
--Jasper

Jans Funny Farm said...

Happy gotcha day to you-ooo.
Happy gotcha day to you-ooo.
Happy gotcha day, dear Rambler-ooo.
Happy gotcha day to you-ooo.

Sorry about the howling but Buddy is a hound.
We hope Pop is okay.

Pinky Ash and Boo said...

Here to wish a Happy Gotcha Day to Rambler.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I hope you guys will doing great this week~!
Many Many purrs for you!

Niko and Cloud said...

Happy Gotcha Day Rambler!

About Us

My photo
A diary of rescued cats, foster cats and humanely reducing the free-roaming cat population through tnr.